Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You're Gonna Hate Me For This

I was feeling moody today so I took my iPod to work with me. I started out listening to Elliott Smith but it made me moodier. I love Dave Barnes so I knew listening to him would cheep me up. But I quickly grew tired of the sappy love ballads, especially knowing that only about half of them were written for me. Well, a few minutes later I found the answer to my dilemma. 90's Pop Music! I turned on my 90's Pop playlist and before I knew it, the day was over and I hopped on the 42 to head back to mi casa. Now for my big announcement- In case you haven't guessed already: Muse Sickly Challenged, from this day forward, will be a STRICTLY 90's POP MUSIC BLOG!!! Just Kidding...Kind of. Muse Sickly Challenged will be a strictly pop music blog for one week and one week only, beginning this Sunday. (Ali, consider this an early Christmas gift). I know some of you will give me shit for this, but I don't care because I love 90's pop. There will be no Philly Phriday because unfortunately we did not produce any 90's pop acts. I know some of you may argue that we did but I have made a brief outline of reasons that I will disregard your statements
  1. P!NK- not from Philadelphia. If you know me, I am quick to tell you whether or not celebrities are actually from Philadelphia. Not only is she not from Philadelphia, but she also sucks and I don't think she would really go in the 90's Pop genre
  2. Justin Guarini- Also not from Philadelphia...and even if he were, I still don't like him
  3. Boyz II Men- I wish but they're not 90's nor are they pop

90's Pop Week will include music videos, before and after pictures, as well as nostalgic memories. You are more than welcome to leave any memories or comments that you may have about the artist of the day. Lastly, I don't care if you hate 90's pop. This is my blog and 90's pop was a great part of my teenage years (well, technically I am still a teenager...but that's not what my fake ID says...jk)

No comments: