Friday, August 22, 2008

Brianna Taylor

I will admit it, I am a closet Real World watcher. Certainly, the seasons have become tragically worse over time, but I thought this season was actually pretty good. I had a little crush on Will, until he turned out to be a slut. Joey was adorable and I think he's the cutest person in the world. Brianna had an annoying voice but she's from Philly- so she's cool in my book. Throughout this season, I fell in love with her character because, to me, she represented all that Philadelphia is about. Sure, she was one hell of a fighter, but in the end, she was a sweetheart and embodied the sometimes hard to find brotherly love of the city.

Everyone on the Real World Hollywood cast was trying to be discovered in one way or another. To be honest, most of them weren't too talented. Dave was funny but he's no improv master, Sarah (despite her education) sucked at broadcast journalism...the list really goes on but Philly girl Brianna Taylor was one exception. Will was so focused on his music and while Brianna was there, she really had too much drama going on to dedicate herself to music but when the time finally came for her to perform, she blew everyone away.

Story of My Life- Brianna Taylor


This song is a little pitchy, I think...but check out Summertime.

I agree with Brianna, some people need to do what they need to do to make money- to be honest, it's part of city life. If she is an exotic dancer, I see nothing wrong with that, really. But, with a voice like hers, I don't think she'll have to continue dancing to pay the bills (although that would make for an interesting stage performance).

Check out Brianna on October 26th, at the Tin Angel

No comments: