Monday, August 11, 2008

90's Pop Week: Ricky Martin

For those of you who don't know, little Ricky Martin got his start in the Latin boy band, Menudo, at the age of twelve. Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, as Enrique Martin Morales, he adopted the stage name Ricky Martin at a young age. Instead of writing a bio on senior Martin, I have comprised a list of little known facts...

Little Known Facts:
  • For 6 months, he played Marius Pontmercy in Broadway's Les Miserables.
  • "Cup of Life" was chosen as the anthem of the '98 world cup (also a little known fact, I scored the winning goal for France in the '98 world cup- check wiki)
  • Livin La Vida Loca reached number one in 16 countries. The album was certified platinum x 7, selling over 17 million copies.
  • He is not gay, I quote, "I am a normal man. I love women and sex. I am a real hot-blooded Puerto Rican, but have never been attracted by sex with a man."
Note: not the gay pride parade
  • Despite his claim to be straight, he once danced with President Bush, during the 2001 inaugural ball.
  • He recorded 8 studio albums, two of which are named, Ricky Martin (weird, I thought he only had like 2)
  • He has a rose tattoo on his left hip ( see fact 4)
Playlist:
  1. The Cup of Life
  2. Livin La Vida Loca
  3. Shake Your Bon Bon
  4. Nobody Wants to be Lonely (Featuring Christina Aguilera)
  5. She's All I ever Had
  6. She Bangs (as made more famous by William Hung- I forgot Ricky even sang this)
Alright check this before and after:



Cup of Life


No comments: