Saturday, August 23, 2008

Terrence Howard is on my Kanye List

As the title implies, Terrence Howard has been moved to my black list (and not because of the color of his skin). Now, originally this show was at the TLA, but through some research of my own, I found out yesterday that the show had been moved to the Lux Lounge although no notification was sent to ticket holders. So, I head on down to the Lux Lounge tonight at 9:15 (doors opened at 9) only to find that the show had been canceled. So not only did he switch venues last minute, but he also canceled the show extremely last minute. Even worse- the Lux Lounge is in center city (near The Gallery) and parking is ridiculous and I spent all of two minutes in the parking lot and paid $12. For two minutes! WTF Philadelphia!

So, I did not see Terrence Howard tonight. I am not upset about the fact that I didn't see him. As I said, he's not bad but I'm not saying he's that good either. He may be an A-list actor but he is a D-list singer...so let's not get too carried away here. At the end of the day, I evaluated the money lost from the concert and it comes out as follows.

ticket cost : $35 x 2 = $70
processing fee: $6 x2 = $12
parking: $12
gas: $6
frustration: priceless
------------------------
Total: $100

And so, like the dried out hippie at Bonnaroo who wanted his $14 dollars back for Kanye's Diva moment, I want my $100 back. Granted, I will get at least $70 back- but I think Terrence Howard and friends owe me that additional $30, as well. I don't know the reason that the show was canceled but I think it was handled very improperly. There weren't even signs that said that it was canceled. I waited in line until I finally got to a bouncer who told me the show was off. If anyone Terrence Howard related reads this blog, please take this from my rant- in the words of Pearl, "I Want My Money Bitch"

No comments: