Sunday, August 10, 2008

90's Pop Week: 2Ge+her

I want to start off by saying, there are only seven days to 90's pop week. Obviously, I won't be featuring every 90's pop artist and I know that you will ask questions regarding the people I picked and why. So, I am going to put it like this. Whereas there are some acts that were huge and some that were small, I am only choosing the acts that I have the most to stay about. (Ali, I am apologizing in advance for the exclusion of you know who). Also, while a lot of these acts performed beyond the 90's I will be concentrating on their 90's years

For the first day of 90's pop week, the artist is 2Ge+her. For those of you who do not know 2ge+her, they were a 90's "TV band" on MTV. They episodes were fairly comedic (at the time anyway) and each episode featured one of their songs. At the conclusion of each of the two seasons, they released CD compilations of the songs that appeared at the end of each episode. Their self-titled debut was followed by the great, 2Ge+her again. I have both albums but 2Ge+her again is a true gem in pop history. The lyrics to every song are absolutely ridiculous yet infectiously catchy.



The death of the youngest member, QT caused the series to stop, and thus the "band" broke up. I remember being at a middle school dance when my friend told me that QT had died and I was so crushed that I left the dance. Born Michael Cuccione, QT died from cancer at age 16. Frequently absent from the show, the band joked that QT was touring the world talking to kids about cancer. But in reality, the show helped to raise awareness for cancer. Following Cuccione's death, the other members of the band Jerry 'The Heartthrob' O'Keefe (Evan Farmer), Chad 'The Shy One' Linus (Noah Bastian), Doug 'The Older Brother' Linus (Kevin Farley), and Mickey 'The Bad Boy' Parke (Alex Solowitz) held a special tribute in his remembrance.

2Ge+her Playlist
  1. U+ ME= US (Calculus)
  2. Before We Say Goodbye
  3. Visualize (QT Solo)
  4. The Hardest Part of Breaking Up (Is Getting Back Your Stuff)
  5. Awesum Lover
  6. Sister
  7. Right Where it Counts
  8. 5 Gether
  9. 2Gether
  10. I Gave My 24/7 To You
Hottest Member Award: Tie between Chad and Mickey P

U+ Me = US (Calculus)


The Hardest Part of Breaking Up (Is Getting Back Your Stuff)


No comments: