Saturday, August 23, 2008

James Morrison "Songs For You, Truths For Me"

I love James Morrison. It's not really a confession because I am rather open with it. And and I can safely say that no matter who I may be with at the time or how serious our relationship is, I will leave them at any point for James, if the opportunity presents itself (which it kind of did last summer). Now, I was a little frustrated at first because it took Mr. Morrison quite a long time to release his follow up to his 2006 debut, Undiscovered. I guess 2 years isn't that long, but I've been loving his music for so long that it seems like an eternity. Again, I digress-- the point of this post is that James Morrison will be releasing his new album, Songs For You, Truths For Me, on September 9, 2008!

I know that sophomore albums are usually sketchy but I have heard a bit of this album and it sounds good so far. I may be slightly bias, but trust me on this. Here's the first single...I never said he was so good at music videos:

James Morrison- You Make It Real


Although it took him a while to come out with a new CD (or it lease it seemed like a while for me), he succeeds because his talent doesn't lie specifically in his songwriting. Let's be real- he's a 20-something singer/songwriter- if he writes about love, he'll be fine. The true key to Morrison's success is his voice (which interestingly enough was acquired from a near fatal encounter with whopping cough as a child). I am very excited for Songs For You, Truths For Me. I highly recommend purchasing this album when it comes out.

No comments: