Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I picked this song for two reasons
1) My super-cool Communications professor, tends to play music in class and when he played this song I remembered just how classic it is
2) It's freaking cold for September. I am shivering in my dorm room. One might suggest turning off the air conditioning, but this city is too loud and I prefer the sound of the air conditioning to obnoxiously drunk 18 year olds and ambulance sirens. But even outside, where the air conditioner is not, it is freezing!...Anyway, I digress.

For those in my Comm class, it is important to note that this rendition (as with the one that Turow played), is not by Ray Charles and Nina Simone, but rather by Ray Charles and Betty Carter.

Now, I can't find a live recording, but this will have to do.



Ps: if you haven't seen the movie, Ray, with Jamie Foxx, you should really check it out- it's an excellent movie.

No comments: