Friday, July 11, 2008

Toxic- Yael Naim

Yes- I did not choose a Song of the Day yesterday.
No- I am not apologizing. Because I had a much better time at the John Mayer concert with my Beau.

But have no fear, Song of the Day returns today.

Today's song of the day is "Toxic" by Yael Naim. Her name probably doesn't sound familiar but I can promise you that you've heard her music before. You know the airy, semi haunting, voice of the Mac Book Air commercial? The song is called "New Soul" and if you're still not convinced that you've heard it before, check out this video.



Now, moving on.
Yael Naim does a wonderful version "Toxic," as originally lip-synced by Britney Spears. I know in my last post I said that it's rare that an artist can "one-up" an original, but here is another case. Check out this video- it's awesomely seductive.

No comments: