Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spaz- N.E.R.D.


Formerly known as The Neptunes, Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo, and Shae Haley now go by the acronym, N.E.R.D. According to Pharrell, N.E.R.D, stands for No one Ever Really Dies. "The Neptunes are who we are and N*E*R*D is what we do," he explains. I don't really get it...I know what that means but it doesn't seem too profound to me...especially for a synthesized hip-hop outfit. It seems The Neptunes was more fitting, but once again, I digress.

N.E.R.D. released their third album, Seeing Sounds, on June 10, 2008. The CD received critical reviews and was attacked for the poor lyrical quality but let's be real- it's N.E.R.D not Bob Dylan.

Today's Song of the Day is Spaz. I first heard Spaz, the same way most of you heard it, on the Zune commercial. Most songs in commercials take a while to grow on me but I fell in love with this immediately. I haven't purchased the rest of the album so I can't speak on it but I haven't heard good things. So, enjoy Spaz while you await the next N.E.R.D. album.


No comments: