Sunday, March 8, 2009

City of Angels

This is one of my favorite bands, of all time. I am surprised I have not written about them before. I first heard of Ozomatli back in 1996 at Music Business Camp (yes, it exists and yes I went). It's really hard to describe the greatness that is Ozomatli.

Genre-wise, I guess I would call them hip-hop/latin/world music...whatever that means.
Otherwise- I would describe them as a West Coast version of The Roots, but bigger (not better, just a larger band).

Imagine the diversity of LA, on one stage and then you have Ozomatli. I really suggest you read up on the band on their website. They have a very interesting story.

If Ozomatli comes to your city, I HIGHLY suggest going to see them. Before the show that I went to, I had never heard of them but I had the time of my life (so much so that my group from Music Business Camp left me at the show). I've seen them since at Bonnaroo and they were equally as amazing. Check their tour schedule here.

In honor of my trip to LA tomorrow, enjoy, "City of Angels"

No comments: