Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lauryn Hill- Mystery of Inequity

Whatever happened to music with good lyrics? I mean, not all music needs to have amazing lyrics. A lot of pop music relies on good production. But look at the success of commercial pop groups and compare it to the success of underground rock and hip-hop groups. Isn't it odd that "commercial" music is usually associated with non-artistic qualities?

I own so much music, although I really favor certain albums. When scrolling through my ipod, I always seem to discover entire albums that I've never really listened to before. This weekend, while scrolling, I came back in touch with an old favorite. I really love Lauryn Hill's "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill." Her voice sounds so vulnerable, yet it resonates with such powerful and moving lyrics.

A few years ago, my mother bought me Lauryn Hill's MTV Unplugged...and it's really a great album. I highly suggest buying it. Anyway, this is one of my favorite songs from the album and I found the actual live recording so- enjoy. This song may sound a little familiar (Kanye West- All Falls Down)

Mystery of Inequity


'

No comments: