Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Bad Plus

It's been a long time. Blame Penn. But I have not forgotten muse sickly challenged. I've found tons of new artists BUT- forgetful me left my list at school. There are some bands that I've been meaning to write about for a while though. One is The Bad Plus.

The Bad Plus is not a new band. They've been around since 2000. But I had not heard of them until 2006. The Bad Plus is a jazz band that plays a ton of rock and pop covers (including Neil Young, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, and Blondie). Crazy, right?

Their latest album, "For All I Care" is set to release in America in February 2009, although it has already been released in Europe. The new album includes covers of songs by Nirvana, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, and The Bee Gees, just to name a few. Before listening, you should note that The Bad Plus is still for Jazz fans- but young jazz fans. You can't listen to their version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and expect to hear Nirvana. Anyway, Here's a clip from The Bad Plus film...check it out

The Bad Plus (Aphex Twin Cover)




Want to see The Bad Plus? Check out their remaining tour dates in MN, NY, and MO on their website.

No comments: