Monday, June 9, 2008

Mission to Meet Dave Barnes (Almost) Complete!

It seems the best way to get things done is to do them by yourself.

When I wanted to interview The Roots, I asked their manager who said they were on tour and he would "try" to help me. I later contacted a friend of mine in another hip-hop collective who called Black Thought, and hooked me up immediately.

You have to follow the rules, and sometimes make your own.

Now, I tried to go about meeting Dave Barnes the simple way, by asking the people who were hosting the festival...after all, I work there, I should at least get to meet him. When I got another "I'll try." I knew it was time to take matters into my own hands.

So, this weekend, boredom/stalkerdom led me to Dave Barnes' website where I came upon some noteworthy contact information. Just for kicks, I emailed someone who will remain unnamed, and asked if I could interview Sir Barnes...and to my surprise...she replied....ABSOLUTELY!

Absolutely?! What?! Yes folks.

So, on July 13th, if all goes will, Mission to stalk meet Dave Barnes will be complete!

And here ends my lesson on, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.


Dave's reaction when they told him about the interview

Great Success!

No comments: