Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jeremy Messersmith

I found Jeremy Messersmith this Summer while looking for music during my internship at Atlantic. When I selected, "Franklin Avenue," on his Myspace, I heard the voice of
a Demi-God
...no, more like a Semi-God
...I don't know but it was definitely something divine
!

I love Elliott Smith's music, and if you know me, you know that I frequently complain that I will never get to see him live. But, when I heard "Franklin Avenue" I was instantly reminded of Elliott Smith and instantly fell in love with Jeremy Messersmith.

I knew immediately that he must be the son of Elliott Smith
...but I've found no supporting evidence for this hypothesis.
Upon listening to the rest of his work, it's clear that Messersmith is not a replica of Elliott Smith but the influence is undeniable.


I saw this link to Jeremy's new song on his Twitter and I love it.
Check out, " A Girl, a Boy, and a Graveyard"





No comments: