Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't Look Down

For the long time supporters of Muse Sickly Challenged, you know that I love singer-songwriters. David Ryan Harris has been popping up all over the singer-songwriter world for the past couple of years, but it seems like it's still relatively unknown. I first heard of Harris through the ill-famed myspace "music networking" site. Two of my favorite singer-songwriters, Dave Barnes and John Mayer, both had David Ryan Harris on their top friends so I figured he must be pretty legit and low and behold- that he is!

As far as sound- many singer-songwriters sound alike, but there are acute details that make them appeal to different people. I guess DRH is like a fusion between John Mayer and Marvin Gaye (more of Mayer, for this song). Harris, in fact, performed with Mayer and Barnes, abroad the 2008 Mayercraft Carier.

Don't Look Down- David Ryan Harris

No comments: